Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sweet Relief

Today I did something I've been longing to do for almost two years...
I obeyed the command that God placed on my heart and sent to me in a dream....
I asked for forgiveness from someone I hurt and it was HARD to do...
And Now...
                                                                                                                         

I am revived because I've been FORGIVEN.
I made a choice to own up to what I did to someone I hurt and ask them if they could ever forgive me and
they said yes. I can't tell you how much weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I feel like I can move on
with my life instead of living in this guilt that has been weighing on my heart for almost two years! I can finally let go of that part of my life and move on.





This is not the only thing that I have to own up for in my life, but it's a start. I think a big part of healing from this depression and anxiety is going to require me to confess to what I feel guilty about; all the things I have said or done that have hurt other people. Most have been unintentional, but that doesn't mean I don't feel bad about it. I need to right some wrongs and empty myself of anything I feel to be sinful or unholy. I want to serve the Lord by being His hands and feet on this Earth, but I can’t do that without His help. It is inevitable that I’m going to mess up many times for the rest of my life, but if I can ask for forgiveness from whoever deserves it and God, I can spread His Word without fear that I’m going to be a bad representation of Christ. I want people to look at me and see the work of God and know that He is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment