I've been thinking a lot about resolutions and such, as is customary for ringing in the New Year, however I've never made a resolution in my entire life so I didn't really know what I wanted to do. But I think I've figured it out.
My New Year's Resolution won't consist of all the things I want to do. It will consist of all the things I won't do! (Or at least, I'll give it a try.) This isn't a simple one step resolution such as the common, "I want to drop ten pounds." This is a multi-step, soul-searching, life-changing type of resolution...or should I say, 'revolution.'
*Reminder: Everybody slips up and everybody gives into weaknesses so I'll try to keep my resolutions as best I can, but there will be occasional slip ups every once in a while.
1. (Success! Note that this is displayed in the reminder.) I won't believe that I am Super Woman. I won't feel ashamed if I slip up or don't meet my own, or the expectations of others.
2. I won't hide the fact that I need help. I won't pretend that I can handle it until it's too late to get the help I need.
3. I won't walk with my eyes fixed on the sidewalk. I won't miss one more second of this beautiful life I've been given.
4. I won't isolate myself any longer from the people that love me and the people who are making an effort to stay involved in my life.
5. I won't stress out about events that haven't occurred yet in my life or events that might never occur in my life.
6. I won't make excuses for myself. I won't tell myself that I can't do something because of my current state of mind. (That's where asking for help comes in handy.)
7. I won't avoid doing all the things I used to love.
8. I won't watch myself be left behind in this fast paced world.
9. I won't change myself or my values for anyone.
10. I won't stand in the corner anymore and watch as everyone else finds ways to make a difference in this world. I won't keep all the talents God has given me to myself. I will use them and I will make a difference.